New Member Introduction

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
dirtdiver915
United States of America

New Member Introduction

Post by dirtdiver915 »

Good morning. My name is Jim and I currently live in the United States in Virginia. I'm almost 50 years old and have been a professional wrestling fan my entire life. I had a unique childhood interaction with wrestling; my mother was a manager for the hotel that all the old-school WWF wrestlers stayed at when performing in New York and New Jersey. This enabled me to meet many of my favorites; Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Honky Tonk Man, Jake the Snake, Roddy Piper, Bobby the Brain, Jimmy Hart, the Iron Sheik, and one of the most iconic, Andre the Giant. It was awesome to be able to talk to these men away from the ring, where they were just themselves. The "heels" and the "faces" were the nicest guys, always ready to spend a few minutes talking "shop" with a young fan.

That brings me to why I'm on the forum...as a young fan I, as I'm sure many of you did, made my own championship belts from whatever I could find. I'd start with cardboard, then move on to aluminum foil, and when a plastic toy belt became available, I had to have it. I always dreamed of being able to own the real thing. The Hogan 86 style belt was my favorite; seeing Hulk wear that belt during Wrestlemania IV against the Ultimate Warrior solidified it for me. Since then, I wanted it. Not a cheap toy, but the real belt. I figured where else but a forum dedicated to these belts would give me info about how to make this happen, so I joined. I'm hoping to learn more about the belts as well as how to acquire one for myself. I look forward to the journey.

Chrisman
Canada

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Chrisman »

dirtdiver915 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:49 am Good morning. My name is Jim and I currently live in the United States in Virginia. I'm almost 50 years old and have been a professional wrestling fan my entire life. I had a unique childhood interaction with wrestling; my mother was a manager for the hotel that all the old-school WWF wrestlers stayed at when performing in New York and New Jersey. This enabled me to meet many of my favorites; Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Honky Tonk Man, Jake the Snake, Roddy Piper, Bobby the Brain, Jimmy Hart, the Iron Sheik, and one of the most iconic, Andre the Giant. It was awesome to be able to talk to these men away from the ring, where they were just themselves. The "heels" and the "faces" were the nicest guys, always ready to spend a few minutes talking "shop" with a young fan.

That brings me to why I'm on the forum...as a young fan I, as I'm sure many of you did, made my own championship belts from whatever I could find. I'd start with cardboard, then move on to aluminum foil, and when a plastic toy belt became available, I had to have it. I always dreamed of being able to own the real thing. The Hogan 86 style belt was my favorite; seeing Hulk wear that belt during Wrestlemania IV against the Ultimate Warrior solidified it for me. Since then, I wanted it. Not a cheap toy, but the real belt. I figured where else but a forum dedicated to these belts would give me info about how to make this happen, so I joined. I'm hoping to learn more about the belts as well as how to acquire one for myself. I look forward to the journey.
Welcome! The hogan 86 was not used at mania iv, which subsequently was not where Hogan fought Warrior. That is where he used the winged eagle.
dirtdiver915
United States of America

Post by dirtdiver915 »

Sorry, I actually mixed up my roman numerals; I believe it was Wrestlemania VI where he lost the title to the Warrior.
Chrisman
Canada

Post by Chrisman »

dirtdiver915 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 pm Sorry, I actually mixed up my roman numerals; I believe it was Wrestlemania VI where he lost the title to the Warrior.
Yes all good, he lost the winged eagle to him then. The 86 was last seen in 88 before he lost the winged eagle to Andre.