New to Belttalk

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
Pierce_Egan_1978
United States of America

New to Belttalk

Post by Pierce_Egan_1978 »

Hello! I'm new to the site and I'm here to talk about championship belts from wrestling, boxing, and MMA, from any time frame, be it the first known championship belt made given to bareknuckle prize ring champion Tom Cribb, right up to today.

I started out as a young wrestling fan in 1985 at the age of 7 and, for some inexplicable reason, became enamored by the belts the champions wore. A few years later, I started to buy wrestling and boxing magazines to both follow the action and to look at the pictures of the various different belts, wonder how they were made, and compare the similarities and differences in them.

I've owned a lot of toy belts, among them being:
*The M.U.S.C.L.E Mattel belt
*The A.W.A Remco belt
*The foam and plastic "Big Gold" belt and the tag team belts sold by The Wrestling Ring in '87 & '89
*The foam and plastic WWF and IC belts from '88 & '90

Replicas:
*1999 WCW Big Gold with the horrendous strap and the thin plate.
*WWF Big Eagle replica (don't remember the year it was made, but I bought it in '03
*All versions of the N.W.A "10 pds. of Gold/Domed Globe" belt, from that terrible first one, the serviceable improvement made in 2009, to the really great one made in 2016.
*ROH World title replica (the one that is a cross between Lou Thesz' old National Wrestling Association belt and the WEC MMA belt.

And three real (all boxing)
*IBF World title belt
*WBO World title belt (signed by Naseem Hamed)
*RING Magazine Belt (a limited edition replica of Jake LaMotta's middleweight title belt, signed by Jake, made from the same materials as a real one)

There's also the one that got away (or more correctly, never arrived), the IWO Cattle Baron Leather Company belt that was sold in ads in wrestling mags in the mid-to-late- 80's. That swell company went bankrupt (though ran their ads for a few more years in magazines afterwards), took an 11-year old's $89.95 (plus shipping and handling) money order, cashed it, never sent the belt, nor did they ever refund my money. The bitterness remains lol.

Among my favorite belts are the NWA Domed Globe, the AWA belt that Curt Hennig and Jerry Lawler wore, NWA JCP US Belt (the Nikita/Luger/Dusty/Windham one), the WBC belt from the mid-80's to the early 00's before they made it too giant, and many, many others.

That's about all I can come up with for now, off the top of my head.