New to town. What's good around here?

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
CWExcitement
United States of America

New to town. What's good around here?

Post by CWExcitement »

Championship belts have been a very integral portion of my wrestling fandom going to childhood. In elementary school I would draw belt designs on paper and tape them to my regular belt and wear around class.

That was many years ago. I am not a collector, but I remain very interested in the discussions around belt design. I remember falling in love with Big Gold with Ric Flair debuted it on TV, in recent years being in awe of WWE's UK Championship, and being repulsed by the big copper penny WWE Tag Team Championships. I love seeing some of the belts in Japan and Mexico that have been used for decades, and have the years on them to show it. I love the stories behind the physical belts themselves, belts that have been reused from promotion to promotion, belts that found happy homes after being retired, and belts that did not get to benefit from such a fond fate (hearing Greg Valentine talking about how the green Intercontinental belt from his run ended up in the trash made me sad).

I look forward to reading more about those histories, and the discussions that will follow.