Apparently I’m a long time Belt Mark. Who knew!?

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
CantAllBeWinners
United States of America

Apparently I’m a long time Belt Mark. Who knew!?

Post by CantAllBeWinners »

I got into wrestling as a kid while the Attitude Era was in its prime. The belts always fascinated me. During my teenage years I got interested in designing and making belts of my own, but at the time there was very little information on how they were made. I even got in touch with J-Mar to ask him some questions about the process.

But for the most part I tried to figure it out myself with the limited budget I had.

One of the earliest belts I made was all fabric. I found some fake leather, and metallic gold and silver fabric at the fabric store and I made it work, more or less. The next that I remember making was in an art class at school out of masonite and foam core. I which I still had that one. The design was pretty cool for an 8th grader, if I do say so myself. But that one got recycled and turned into an “International” title during my back yard wrestling days. The backyard wrestling belts were mostly paper or cardboard because I found a really cool reflective metallic poster paper. The base plates were still masonite and I riveted everything to a vinyl strap and sealed all the paper with pour on resin. Those three titles I still have sitting around.

At some point in there I also managed to convince my parents to get me a Figures Inc Scratch Logo Big Eagle, and then later the “Ultra Deluxe” Undisputed belt.

My wrestling fandom eventually faded around 2005ish. Recently, though, I’ve discovered Reliving the War on YouTube and I’ve been having fun watching that. I’ve also gone down the belt rabbit hole a bit as of late and picked up the updated Undisputed belt as well as a Winged Eagle and the current US belt (just because I love the design) and have been looking into restoning and releathering. Those replicas have definitely come a long way since my 2001 FigsInc belt.