New from UK

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
Y2Jono
Great Britain

New from UK

Post by Y2Jono »

Hi all and greetings from the UK.

Always been a dream of mine to get hold of a couple of belts from my earlier years of watching then WWF (later to be WWE and also NWA/WCW. I was at the WWE event in Cardiff last week and got to see and examine a selection of both official and custom made belts so its kinda got my moving in starting to build my collection...I'm also after an AEW replica for my son for this Xmas coming.

My wishlist starts with the Big Eagle belt, and I'd also like Big Gold and the classic "Savage"Intercontinental belt from the 80s for starters

Not a fan of the current "official" WWE belts they sell cos everything produced now has the plain "WW" logo on it so are not reflections of the titles as I remember them.

So I found this place and come with a ton of questions for all you experts to try and help with...

1) I'll start with the plate thickness - I am seeing 2/4 and 6mm plates on belts - and also Brass/Zinc materials - what is the standard plate depth people go for?

2) Are there any goto belt makers that people recommend? I've seen the best and worst of the Pakistan made belts online in a variety of plate thicknesses and materials and heard both good and bad things about them... anyone on here with any opinion on them? Also seen a belt on offer made by ORM - yet again both good and bad reviews on his belts. Bear in mind I'm in the UK and the availability seems limited outside the US.

And other info, help would be most appreciated!!!