Introduction

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
MaverickBruin
United States of America

Introduction

Post by MaverickBruin »

Hi, I’m a longtime wrestling fan, starting as a kid in the 1970s watching a young Roddy Piper fight the Guerreros week after week. But my mom wouldn’t let me go to the Olympic to see wrestling in person because she heard someone got stabbed there or something. I finally went to wrestling at the Olympic in the mid-1980s, though only to see Polynesian Pro Wrestling from Hawaii with maybe 50 people in attendance, In 1991, I traveled to a few of the wrestling meccas that were left from the territory days - the Dallas Sportatorium, the Memphis Sports Arena, Louisville Gardens, the Atlanta Omni, and the Portland Sports Arena. In the mid-1990s I saw an ECW show at the ECW Arena. I’ve also got a pretty good collection of wrestling cards dating back to the 1880s. (Looking for a Steve Casey 1930s exhibit card if anyone has any leads.)

My “history with belts” is that in the early 1990s, I got to know Dutch Mantell who was active on the old Prodigy message boards. I ended up buying a pair of “pretty beat up” tag team belts from Dutch. They are either CWA or USWA belts, are made of red, white, and blue leather, and Ricky Morton carved his first name into one of them (cording to Dutch, because he was “pissed at Jarrett”). (Quotes are from the letter from Dutch he included with the belts.)

What brings me here: I’m not interested in selling them, but am interested to know more about them and a little curious what they might be worth now. I’m also interested to know if there is a market out there so i could consider adding to my “collection” of two belts.