New introduction

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
bigspecsdaddy
United States of America

New introduction

Post by bigspecsdaddy »

Hello everyone. Like most of you, I’m a huge fan of championship belts. I have been ever since I was about four or five. I grew up watching Lucha Libre and boxing with my dad, and later began watching the WWF (now WWE). I’m older now and still gravitate towards sports that mostly use championship belts that represent their elite (with the exception of baseball).

I was a member of the original belttalk forum years ago, and am really happy to see that the forum is still alive and well. The first belt that I remember seeing was the “big green” when Hulk beat the Iron Sheik. I started reading pwi magazine in the 80’s, and fell in love with the big gold the moment I’d seen it for the first time. I’ve also always had a soft spot for the AWA world heavyweight championship.

One of my bucket list items is to learn how to craft my own belt. I’d love to make a few belts before I leave this big green rock. I love the craft and respect the art form so much. It’s 100% a passion of mine. I look forward to conversing with others that love this craft as much as I do. I’m going to add a picture of my current collection. I hope to see it grow more with time.
Attachments
My collection as of 2022
My collection as of 2022