Introduction

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
crobama
United States of America

Introduction

Post by crobama »

Hello,

My name is Darren. I live in North Carolina and have all my life. Big parts of my teen years (84-89) were spent in Charlotte so I am pretty much a fanatic of that region/era. I haven't thought about belts in a long time. When I was a kid, my cousins and I would make NWA belts out of cardboard. We would cut them out (just the front and side "plates"), draw the designs with markers, and color them in with crayons. These were prized possessions. My cousin Dave and I were the oldest and thus the primary belt holders. We made a deal that Dave would never lose 10 Pounds of Gold, I would never lose the TV title, but 10 Pounds of Silver was generally up for grabs.

What piqued my interest was joining Ad Free Shows a year or so ago. I guess in my mind that when a belt was retired, whoever had it at that time just got to keep it. I also thought that there were very few people interested in that era of wrestling and so those belts wouldn't really be sought after and, also, not for sale. It never dawned on me that it would be possible for a private person to actually own say, 10 Pounds of Silver, like, the actual one.

Then I started thinking about other belts. Winged Eagle. Big Gold. The old WWF Intercontinental belt. The AWA championship belt. I wanted to know where these belts are. Which ones are lost. Which are for sale and for how much. But there was no definitive guide that I could find, and that is how I came upon this forum.

So that's why I'm here. Look forward to talking about some of these old belts.