Hello!

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
Paul11710
United States of America

Hello!

Post by Paul11710 »

I've been a wrestling fan for 30+ years and own two belts: A WWF Block logo winged eagle (2011 Figures Toy Company Replica), and a Fandu Big Gold. I was fortunate enough to bring my winged eagle to a Bret Hart meet and greet at an indy show a few years ago and got it signed. After he signed it, I put it back in it's belt case/bag and left it in there because I was afraid to take it out and risk messing up the signature. I now realize that was a mistake as I took it out today for the first time in years and there are these strange spots on the main plate like the plating is starting to degrade away. That's what brought me to this wonderful place - to see if anyone else has made this same mistake and if my prized Bret Hart belt is fixable :(

Jones
United States of America

Re: Hello!

Post by Jones »

You'd have to re-plate it, but that would cost more than the belt is worth. Assuming the signature is on the strap and not the plate, it would be cheaper to just keep your eye out for one to come up for sale and just swap out the strap.
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!"
Paul11710
United States of America

Post by Paul11710 »

Thanks Jones. You are correct, the signature is on the strap, not the plates. I thought that was probably the answer :( . Below is a picture of one of the worst areas... do you think it's mold that caused this?
57k2LYZDEDRLeIHZO3dTU3EyXLiIZ9R0PYePbUBd48OXGU8cCe0JsSug4FnJTvpvHmZ9J-YcAHMyt38CdBVvkZxmUKZiiHiNPIuYW9CvIMRMI06CDWL4cw_mnVXCHBJDe39Pvkv7jm0klmqWELWuQqrwog1pCD4SmbxTP9ZkweWluwir-q42sDRjAf8or69XwK79myomtSSNSRkrut6PGWnDwLe69c8luy.jpg
Jones
United States of America

Post by Jones »

Paul11710 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:51 am Thanks Jones. You are correct, the signature is on the strap, not the plates. I thought that was probably the answer :( . Below is a picture of one of the worst areas... do you think it's mold that caused this?
57k2LYZDEDRLeIHZO3dTU3EyXLiIZ9R0PYePbUBd48OXGU8cCe0JsSug4FnJTvpvHmZ9J-YcAHMyt38CdBVvkZxmUKZiiHiNPIuYW9CvIMRMI06CDWL4cw_mnVXCHBJDe39Pvkv7jm0klmqWELWuQqrwog1pCD4SmbxTP9ZkweWluwir-q42sDRjAf8or69XwK79myomtSSNSRkrut6PGWnDwLe69c8luy.jpg
Moisture in the bag most likely. If it was stored under a bed or in a closet or anyplace where it can get warm enough for the moisture in the air can condensate, the bags trap it and the plates tarnish.
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!"