How's it goin'?

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
sparks3rdcoast
United States of America

How's it goin'?

Post by sparks3rdcoast »

Hello, friends and old and new.

Depending on if they still exist or not, I was/am a member of a couple of championship belt forums on Yahoo Groups from way back when under the name Shawn1228. I live on the Gulf Coast of the U.S., and grew up watching the old Mid-South. I haven't watched much WWE since shortly after it absorbed WCW, but kinda keep up indirectly. I like ROH and love NJPW, even though I don't get to watch as much as I'd like to.

I'm not much of a collector. The only professionallly made real belt I ever owned was an Alabama Heavyweight title belt (I think made by J-Mar, but I could be wrong), that I had to sell after I purchased a new vehicle only to find out the next morning somebody had broken into my checking account, leaving me with an immediate need for some cash. I neither recall to whom I sold it nor have any clue where it ended up.

More recently, I've gotten into making DIY designs. So far one is complete, and you'll just have to stay tuned to see what happens next.

I really dig absorbing the history of various belts, and have a soft spot for ones that aren't company-specific when it comes to names and logos, especially what I like to call "slutty" belts that were handed off from company to company over the years.

Other than that, designs tend to be good or bad on their own merits, so I can't really say "I like this" or "I don't like that" in terms of particulars.

"Don't over think pro wrestling....I need a bad guy, I need a good guy, I need to know the reason they're fighting, and I hope that their fighting is good enough that it suspends my disbelief that it's show business." -Jim Ross