Longtime Lurker

**ALL NEW USERS***
You must make an introduction post here before any other posts/PM will show up!

Tell us about yourself and keep it belt related!
Forum rules
ALL NEW PEOPLE

Your first post MUST be a dedicated NEW Introduction Topic.
Tell us about yourself, your history with belts and what brings you here.
Figure5
United States of America

Longtime Lurker

Post by Figure5 »

So I've been a lurker for a long time, both here and on the old boards. I used to login under the name Masked Observer, same as at the KM message board, but I got locked out once and couldn't remember my password info. So I rejoined under this name. I'm pretty sure I made a few posts as MO, but it's been a while so I thought I'd post a new "hello."

I've been a wrestling fan since '83, and my favorite thing about wrestling has always been the belts. They just fascinate me. As a kid I would make very cheap replicas from cardboard, construction paper, poster board, etc. Pretty much any material I could get my hands on. I would stare at pics from magazines and do my best to recreate them via rudimentary materials. I've always wanted to be a collector, but I'm a single dad rainy 3 kids, so I really can't justify spending hundreds or thousands on belts. I did recently purchase my first replica though. I know it's nothing compared to some of the beautiful pieces many of you own, but it's a foot in the door.

Anyway, I love coming here and looking at all the pics. I've learned a lot from this site, and it's helped me to appreciate fine quality belts even more. I probably won't post much because honestly, I'm just a small fish in a big pond here, and it's a bit intimidating at times. But I enjoy lurking, so I check in quite often. So yeah, that's about it...